February 24, 2013

::Growing Baby #3:: It all adds up!

5

Let's rewind a bit.  It all started back in December...With this being my third time around, I knew without a pregnancy test that I was indeed pregnant.  Pregnancy + me = no. fun. at. all.  I went ahead with one of those pesky at home tests, and I was right, it was positive.  Fast forward to January 14th, and Rob and I walked away with this photo...

I was 7 weeks and 1 day along.  We were excited, but I left  knowing that I still had plenty of time left to be completely miserable.  So, let this be Chapter 1 of Growing Baby #3.
ultrasound

We kept it a secret for a while....primarily from Miss Emma.  I felt like she was so much older and aware this time, and if anything were to happen, I didn't want to break her little heart.  So, we faked it, which is always so much harder than it seems.  On February 20th, we headed back to the doctor for another check-up.  Everything was perfect this go round.  I was 12 weeks and 3 days along, I had gained 3 pounds, and we had a real live baby :)  I was so excited!  We had made it though the first trimester, and we were ready to tell the kiddos.
ultrasound3

Still feeling terrible and not wanting to over achieve in. any. way. possible.  I scribbled this on our chalkboard, and waited patiently for Miss Emma to get off the bus and for Mr. Carson to wake up from his nap...
DSC_2142

Here she is reading the sign...
DSC_2144

And here are the books and ultrasound photos I left for them to open...
DSC_2143

She was so excited!  And so was bro.  He just turned three, so sometimes we fly the white flag when it comes to photos with him :)
DSC_2147

I was so glad that they finally knew.  Maybe now they would understand why I've been laying on the couch like the most lifeless thing in existence.  Hopefully I'll feel better soon, right?  hopefully.  hopefully.
DSC_2149

Also, can we just forget that my little disappearing act here never happened?  I've had good reason I'll tell you.  very good reason.  Next up is our trip to Disney, which was perfect, and I refuse to leave that huge detail out of our family blog.  The kids are still talking about it, and it was one of the best decisions we ever made.

Now, if I can just get my act together enough to complete that task...ha!  My headache that lasted from 8 am....until I went to bed last night...is. not. helping. at. all.  It's one day at a time over here, and for now, that's the best I can do.

3 comments:

Our life with 2 P's said...

So thrilled for y'all! And that I'll have a new baby to hold and help you with anytime you need me :) XO!

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness...thank you! You are the best neighbor :) We love having y'all next door!!

Anonymous said...

I like it when people get together and share views.
Great website, continue the good work!

my web blog ... body mass index chart

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...