March 25, 2011

A Pickin' We Shall Go

I loaded up Buttercup & Sunshine and headed here...
DSC_4470

This was Emma's berry first pick of the day...
DSC_4471

And into the bucket it went.
DSC_4472

The berries were just beautiful and GIGANTIC! I think we went a bit earlier in the season this year, so it was much less picked over.
DSC_4473

We had this little guy in tow, and he's mobile now, so I set my expectations pretty low for the morning.
DSC_4475

It didn't take him long to figure out that leaning out of the wagon+grabbing something red=something pretty darn delicious.
DSC_4480

Miss Emma did a great job at filling her bucket.
DSC_4486

I was relying on her for most of our pickings...
DSC_4487

Mainly because I was dealing with this little guy.
DSC_4488

Oh my goodness did he eat some strawberries. Thank heavens I thought to bring his bib.
DSC_4493

Attempt 1 at a "together photo."
DSC_4506

This is my favorite shot of the day...
DSC_4517

Needless to say, Sunshine enjoyed his pickins.
DSC_4522

That might just be an understatement.
DSC_4523

We met friends at the farm, which is always fun...
DSC_4528

And here's attempt #2 at a "together photo." Photoshop anyone?
DSC_4532

I gave up and let him do his thing. My what a difference a year makes. This was our trip to the farm last year. Our little buddy was just two months old then :)
DSC_4538

We finished up our morning with a couple of touristy photo ops...
DSC_4553

DSC_4556

Together Photo Attempt #3...a no go. again.
DSC_4555

Emma ended her outing with sausage on a stick, while I used every wipe known to existence to clean Sunshine up. I went home with two buckets of fresh strawberries, homegrown veggies, and two of the berry best kids, complete with little red-stained lips. No jam this year....we ate them all! We can't wait to go back next year...or maybe I can convince Rob to go with us this season :)
DSC_4558

2 comments:

The Shavers Family said...

OMG one of my favorite posts by you this year! I love the red-stained lips on little man! ;)

Jenn said...

thanks! i hope the pregnancy is treating you well. you look great! gotta run...carson is crying in his crib-short nap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...