February 26, 2011

a ONEderful day

To celebrate Carson's ONEderful day, I started with this invitation.

invite copy

Then, I made our little guy his very own birthday banner, to match sister's of course.
DSC_4021

I made some salt dough ornaments too. Nothing like a centerpiece that costs nada. You can find my recipe here and more info here.
DSC_4025

Balloons...oh my goodness does our little buddy love balloons!
DSC_4027

And, the required plates and napkins. I bought the few things that I didn't make myself here. I'm not a fan of all the licensed party junk, so I just went with the basic cupcake. I love that it just appears at my front door, without having to lug the kiddos out and about.
DSC_4023

I made his little hat and used wooden toys from around the house to decorate with. It was sort of a "classic toys" theme.
DSC_4013

It was a day all about....
DSC_4017

So, here's his very own smash cake...
DSC_4004

For the real cake, I borrowed my sister's big cupcake pan. I am in love with that thing! I folded up leftover scrapbook paper, accordian style, to make my very own giant cupcake liner.
DSC_4007

I hope you grabbed your cup of coffee of your bottle of water, because this post is far from short. One more photo of his very own baby cake...
DSC_4012

At the buffet, our family signed Carson's birthday mat and as a thank you for coming, got to take home a framed photo of our little birthday boy.
DSC_4030

They also got to take home one of these... I made it using these photos.
carson

The cupcakes were yummy. I used this recipe for the cake and this recipe (without the cool whip and lemon juice) for the frosting.
DSC_4054

The cupcake liners did a number on me when I was filling them with the batter. They all caved in and made that annoying little divot. Why does stuff like that always happen when you really don't need it to? So, in a pinch, I used the foil liners that I had in the pantry and added the colored paper liner to the outside. whew!
DSC_4055

The frosting was supposed to be yellow, but turned out sorta orange. Considering all of my issues, I was super pleased.
DSC_4057

The wagon was Carson's birthday gift from us and Mama and Papa C. I can't believe we've made it this far without owning a wagon.
DSC_4037

Miss Emma was so excited about her little bro's party. She painted this little car all by herself. It was her very special gift from her to him.
DSC_4040

Here's the whole table...
DSC_4063

And, one more shot...
DSC_4061

And, here's our little birthday boy, just after waking up from his afternoon nap.
DSC_4060

The boys played some washers...
DSC_4065

And, we did manage to sneak in a family photo.
DSC_4074

Here's on of just the boys, before the party began...
DSC_4083

And, o holy night, we managed to get a Chiles family photo. Thanks to Rob's parents for all of the many attempts!
DSC_4094

For your party notes, Heart & Soul Moscato + frozen peaches + fresh mint = heaven in a glass. trust me.
DSC_4108

And, a quick one of just the three of us...
DSC_4117

We were so glad to have all of our family with us on Carson's special day! Both sets of grandparents, along with Lindy & Dill and Ash & Cam were able to make it.
DSC_4116

We had dinner first...a taco bar with taco meat, lettuce, sour cream, cheese, homemade guacamole, homemade salsa, homemade beans, and chips & queso.
DSC_4131

Then it was onto the cake.
DSC_4155

Emma made his wish...
DSC_4157

And Carson dug in!
DSC_4166

He really dug in...
DSC_4167

And we had the paparazzi capturing the whole thing.
DSC_4168

This is all that was left...
DSC_4175

He was done, but I wasn't! So, we sang "Happy Birthday" again for the big cupcake.
DSC_4178

I love this one...
DSC_4183

Do I get to eat this one too, Momma?
DSC_4188

Then we sang one more time to Papa. Their birthdays are just four days apart!
DSC_4195

No giant cupcake for the birthday boy, but he did end his meal with some ice cream with his Mama C.
DSC_4197

Dear Buddy,

I can't believe you're one! It was a fun first year, but it went oh so fast. I've enjoyed every minute of being your Momma, and I just love you to pieces. Thanks for all of the sweet kisses and snuggles. You are so sweet and so special to us all. You have been a wonderful blessing and such an exciting addition to our family.

Happy 1st Birthday Carson!

We love you to the moon and stars and back.

Love,
Momma
DSC_4205

2 comments:

The Shavers Family said...

What a gorgeous party, I can't even pick a favorite thing because I love it all so much! The tree, the banner, the blocks. CUTE!!!

Jenn said...

Thanks Amanda! You'll be planning a first birthday before you know it. It goes by too fast.. Enjoy your pregnancy! You look great! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...